How to play mahjong
Look for a pair of matching tiles and click both to remove it. Once you remove all pairs and clear the board you solve the mahjong solitaire!
You can only remove a tile if it's open on its left or right side. If a tile is locked from both left and right sides you can't remove it.
There are four of each of these mahjong tiles on the board - choose wisely which ones to pair first.
Four Seasons tiles are different. There's only one of each, but any season will match another season! These are Four Noble Plants tiles. They will match one another, too!
Traditional Reviewed Mahjong
Five Pyramids 2 Mahjong
Step Pyramid Mahjong
Big Mountain Mahjong
Deep Well Mahjong
Full Vision 2 Mahjong
Mahjong Tips and Tricks
- Before making your first move in Mahjong Solitaire, take a moment to familiarize yourself with the board layout. You will certainly find some good opening moves. Note the special Mahjong tiles (Seasons and Flowers) locations - these ones can be a great help.
- Always try to match pairs which lead to opening up most new tiles. There are pairs which don't open anything new - it would be a good idea to hold them in reserve and match with another tiles.
- If you see three identical tiles which are free to match - either choose a pair which opens up most new tiles or look for a quick ways to free the fourth one and match all 4.
- If you see four identical and free tiles - you're in luck! Match those combinations immediately.
- Matching tiles on long horizontal line edges should be your priority as leaving those long lines will cause problems very soon.
- Tall stacks of tiles are another key priority in Mahjong Solitaire games - not only they are hard to take apart but they can also contain two identical tiles one udder another. If there are no such tiles outside the stack - you're out of luck.
- Don't hesitate to use helpful TheMahjong.com features such as Undo and Hint.